We understand how frustrating it can be trying to find dog-friendly accommodation in the Scottish Borders.
We are pleased to be able to welcome dogs to Templehall Hotel and have dog-friendly areas in all parts of the Hotel. If you require a dog-friendly table for dinner, please advise us at the time of check-in.
Following some recent issues, we have had to impose a new Dog Policy that will hopefully allow us to continue welcoming our little furry friends. This means there are now certain rules we ask dog owners to adhere to and they are as follows:
- Dogs must remain on a lead close to the owner at all times whilst in public areas and including the garden area. Please note, that we have designated tables for visitors with dogs;
- Dogs must not be allowed on any furniture in the Guest Bedrooms, especially the beds or there will be an additional charge applied to your card upon departure
- Guests must use their own dog bed whilst in their room. If you arrive without one, please inform a member of staff and we will provide some bedding for you at no extra charge;
- Dogs must not be left alone in the guest rooms;
- Dogs must not be allowed to toilet in the car park or gardens of the hotel, and we obviously request you clear up any mess as you would do normally.
Please note we try to be as accommodating as possible but must be mindful that not everyone appreciates dogs.
Please do not hesitate to ask should you have any questions at all, we aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
We charge a fee of £10 per dog per room. We will take card details from you at check-in and providing there is no damage or other issues in the room, will charge this amount after departure. The following additional charges will be applied in as follows:
- Evidence of dog on bed or upholstered chairs resulting in extra laundry charges: £10;
- Any damage to flooring or furniture – up to £50 (we will provide photographic evidence).
Please note that we do understand accidents happen, and if there are issues during your stay, please inform a member of staff immediately so we can address the situation. It may be the case that additional charges won’t be applied in this scenario on the basis that we are informed.
Thank you for your understanding.
How to Book
Click the button below and contact us to book your dog-friendly stay with us.